Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kitchen...

I stopped cold turkey on the kitchen posts. Sorry about that, but working full time and living in a construction zone does little for my creativity.

Nonetheless, the kitchen is done, save for two hours of finish work ( this is literally the same two hours I have been talking about for three weeks, for those of you who have asked! ). Since these photos were taken, we have done some decorating, however, we still have bare walls. I just can't find what I want, so that part will just have to wait. Anyway, no pics of the decorating. It's just my ploy to make everyone come visit. So there.


We now have dishes in those pretty white cabinets, and I love it!


 
This is me. I was at home when the granite arrived, but left shortly before they were finished. When I returned, I felt it necesary to pose like Vanna White.

 
The beloved ( and now adorned! ) window seat. 
 All 93 inches of that bad boy stores every small appliance we own -- and no one dislikes small appliances like I do, so this makes for one very happy girl. My Dad's pretty smart.

 
This is my handsome son. He LOVES the kitchen.
 
On the heels of the kitchen being finished, Jeff celebrated his 31st birthday, which meant it was just the right time for me to attempt a serious homemade coconut cake for his birthday. It took me two days and 3457 ingredients to get to this point.
 
 
And only half the bottle of wine in the background, I promise.

 
You would be correct in assuming that The Mr. chose these birthday candles weeks earlier, but was highly disappointed to learn that they only had one pack left in stock. I guess he was thinking ahead to year 32, when personalized candles are all the rage?

 
The birthday boy liked his cake -- as did everyone else who had some in the days that followed. However, it was overkill. I should post the recipe just to prove the depths of my love for him.


 
And for color, I thought I would show you the ingredients to the fish tacos he had on his birthday,too.
I'm losing it. 
 

 
The kitchen is finished, the Mr. is 31, and it's about to be Labor Day weekend, which means my favorite time of year is upon us...
 
Roll Tide.
 

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

i absolutely love it.