Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Progress!

I'm pretty much amazed by what that Handy Duo ( Dad and The Mr. ) have done in the past four days. After discovering there was much more sheetrock work to be done than they had originally accounted for, they spent much of the day Saturday working on replacing the walls around the cabinet area. All of the cabinet mess from the garage disappeared as well, with a little help from our good friend, BD.

Here are some Saturday pics ( not sure if we can thank humidity or dust for the fine photo quality):

On Sunday, they taped and mudded the sheetrock and started building the new fur down, which is the small dropped portion of the ceiling that closes the gap above the cabinets. I know a lot of people leave them open, and decorate the tops of their cabinets, but I prefer this finish even though it will cut down on my tchotke collection.

So, here are some Sunday Funday pics:



There is a certain mug shot quality to Dad's expression here.

On Monday, while I worked, they did some electrical work, which resulted in nine new recessed lights on the vaulted ceilings, and wiring for the three island pendants.


Thank God he still loves me after all this hard work.


And I think they are pretty fond of one another, too.

1 comment:

The Halls said...

Looking awesome!! What sweet hard workers you have!!